But there is much more to experience at the park: playing tennis on the all-weather court, getting the boules rolling on the bowling alley, to play balls on the field or playing on the devices in the playground.
There is a lot of fun in the restaurant / canteen, which is only closed in the winter season. There you can not only have a snack, but also enjoy a nice meal. You can go there for a drink at the bar or a game of pool or darts. It's also a good place to be at the spacious terrace until sunset, and where you can look out over the pool and the playground. And in the evening there are also funny theme evenings.
Around the main building, in the restaurant and on the terrace there is Wi-Fi internet access, to surf the Web now and then, or to monitor social media.
The park has lots of information about cycling and hiking routes in the area. You can rent bikes to explore the beautiful surroundings of the National Park at your leisure. Heaths, drifting sands and wastelands are the settings in which live different animal species: deer, badgers, squirrels and numerous birds.
For trips with the whole family, you can visit fun attractions such as the Aviation Museum, the Dom tower, Ouwehand Zoo in Rhenen or the zoo in Amersfoort.
The living room has large windows with views of the area and French doors to the terrace. Besides comfortable furniture, there is also a color TV and free Wi-Fi internet connection. A high chair can be booked. The kitchen includes a refrigerator, electric kettle, toaster, Senseo coffee machine, a microwave oven, and a four-burner stove.
There are two bedrooms. In one bedroom there is a two-person box spring bed, and in the other bedroom a bunk bed and a folding bed. There is ample closet space. A cot can be booked. The bathroom has a sink, bathroom furniture, a heated towel rack and toilet.
Through the garden doors you enter the garden and your terrace with garden furniture and BBQ. During the summer months you can make use of the outdoor swimming pool with a lovely temperature of about 25 ° C. For toddlers there is a paddling pool with slide and sprinklers. Around the pool there are sun beds.
You can start in the National Park "the Utrecht Heuvelrug (Ridge)" with a variety of landscapes and animals. The woods and rural estates are ideal for hikers, while there is even constructed a wheelchair path in the Kaapse Bossen at the St. Helena Hill near Doorn. At the reception of the park you can get information, directions and tips.
Many country houses and castles, protected villages and towns (Amerongen, Driebergen-Rijssenburg, Rhenen and Zeist), the countryseats and parks of the Lustwarande are worth visiting. The tobacco barns and sheep pens are quite interesting. It pays to go to the historic town of Wijk bij Duurstede or one of the castles in the area such as Kasteel Huis Doorn and Amerongen Castle.
Shopping can be done in Veenendaal, Amersfoort or Zeist. The enjoyable recreational area Henschotermeer is within cycling distance of the park. The Aviation Museum in Soesterberg and the Utrecht Cathedral Tower are worth a visit. A day with the kids to Ouwehand Zoo in Rhenen or the zoo in Amersfoort is an unforgettable experience.
Tips for culture lovers:
- Huis Doorn - Doorn (4 km). Museum.
- Museum Dorestad - Duurstede (7 km). Museum on this important former trading city.
- Cheese Museum "de Weistaar" - Maarsbergen (11 km).
- Mondriaanhuis - Amersfoort (18 km). Birthplace and pictures of the famous painter.
- Kade Kunsthal - Amersfoort 18 km. (Modern) Art, architecture, design & design.
- Military Aviation Museum - Soesterberg (20 km). On the former airbase Soesterberg.
- Dick Bruna house - Utrecht (28 km). Visit Miffy and many other creations in the Dick Bruna house.
- The Utrecht Domtoren - Utrecht (30 km). Climb the highest church tower in the Netherlands and enjoy the view over the city.
- Railway Museum - Utrecht (30 km). A beautiful museum with historic trains.
- Kasteel de Haar - Haarzuilens (38 km). The largest castle in the Netherlands with towers, moats, gates and drawbridges.
Fun rides for young and old:
- Pyramid of Austerlitz - Woudenberg (11 km). Amusement in a wooded area.
- SuperFun - Amersfoort (19 km). An active day with bowling, laser games, space golf, super jumping and an indoor playground.
- Zoo Amersfoort - Amersfoort (20 km). A day among the animals.
- Ouwehand Zoo - Rhenen (21 km). Adventure.
- Ballorig Wood - Houten (23 km). Inside and outside plenty of playground equipment.
- Glow Golf - Houten (28 km). Spectacularly lit indoor miniature golf course.
- KidZcity Utrecht - Utrecht (33 km). Indoor playground, packed with exciting and fun rides.
- Farmer Maze - Kamerink (40 km). Nicely getting lost near a playground and a petting zoo.
- Monkey Town Leerdam - Leerdam (45 km). Climbing as true apes, squash and disco bowling.
- Dolfinarium - Harderwijk (50 km). Watch dolphin shows and other aquatic animals.
- Wijk bij Duurstede (9 km). Deserves a look. See also Dorestad Museum and castles.
- Rhenen (16 km). Nice center and sites such as Cunerachurch and estate Prattenburg.
- Zeist (17 km). There is always something to do. In summer, shows and concerts in the Castle Garden Theatre.
- Amersfoort (18 km). Varied range of events, annual Jazz Festival and the Art Look route (3rd Sunday of the month).
- Veenendaal (20 km). Wander around and take a terrace.
- Utrecht (28 km). Great shopping, attractions, festivals, interesting exhibitions and lively markets.
For the nature lovers:
- Cape Forests - Doorn (3 km). The forest is to walk through different routes. There are also the Stone Table and by Serbian Kei.
- Bosbad Leersum - Leersum (5 km). Large outdoor pool, surrounded by forests.
- Recreatieplas Henschotermeer (9 km). Leisure lake with white sand beaches in the forests of the Utrecht Heuvelrug.
- Kromme Rijn (13 km). Canoe trips along this river to Utrecht or Wijk bij Duurstede. Maximum length of the route: 28 km.
- Manege Zeisterbos - Zeist (15 km). From there horse riding for rides of an hour.
- Out of Action - Amersfoort (19 km). Altitude Trail, laser gaming, kick biking and much more!
- Visitor's Centre "de Boswerf". Starting point for a walk or bike ride. Workshops, markets and shows.
- Shops:3 km
- City:3 km
- Water:10 km
- Golf:3 km
- Bike rental:On the spot
- Horseback riding:3 km
- Tennis court:On the spot
- Bar:On the spot
- Theme park:10 km
- Public Swimming pool:6 km
- Playground:On the spot
- Restaurant:On the spot
- ATM:3 km
- Supermarket:3 km
- Distance from Utrecht:25 km
- International airport:80 km
- Public Transport:200 meters
- Distance to the capital:70 km
The following facilities are available for use upon booking this house:
There may be only a limited number of houses with the stated adjustments, please contact Bungalow.Net for the availability.
- Internet Connection: Wireless Lan
- Parking: Yes
- Bath linen: available
- Bed linen: available
- Kitchen linen: available
- Maximum number of pets: Max. 1 after consultation
- Heating: Central Heating
- Holiday park: Yes
- Launderette: Extra Fee
- Maximum number of pets: Yes
- Refrigerator: Yes
- Freezer: Yes
- Dishwasher: Yes
- Microwave: Yes
- Television: Yes
- Toaster: Yes
- Stove: Electric
- Electric kettle: Yes
- Coffee maker: Senseo
- Furnace size: 4-burner
- Oven: Microwave oven
- Garden: Yes
- Barbecue: Yes
- Terrace: Yes
- Garden furniture: Yes
- Swimming pool: Yes
- High-low bed: Yes
- Bedroom on ground floor: Yes
Conditions of the landlord:
The reception of the park will contact you after booking in order to transfer the additional costs in advance so that you can check in faster.
- Upon arrival/on spot, you must complete an authorization form for the deposit.
- Longterm rent on request, reservations for employees not allowed.
- Parking on the central parking lot next to the building.
- Consumption costs (gas/water/electricity) included.
- Use of all weather tenniscourt against a fee of 7.50 per hour, you can reserve this at the reception.
- Bicycles for rent, prices on request at the reception.
- Open air swimming pool opened in the summer months (depending on the weather and park occupation.
- Free wifi hotspots on site. The code can be obtained at the reception.
- Canteen and restaurant have limited opening hours in the pre and after season and outside the school holidays /depending on park occupation.
- The laundry washer takes 5 x € 1.00 per session (add detergent yourself) and in the dryer takes 5 x € 0.50 a time.
- Recreation team present in high season, exact period on request.
- The chalets are not rented to employees of companies and solitary traveling youth.
- Pets are not allowed
- Free use of Wi-Fi hotspots around the main building, in the restaurant and on the terrace. The code can be obtained at the reception.
- Bookings with a duration longer than one month are only possible in consultation. No rights can be derived from the pricing information on the website.
- Business bookings are not allowed.
- Babies do not have to pay park fees and bed linen. (You can indicate this after the reservation and then we will adjust the costs).
The stated prices and availability have been generated via an automated system. It may be that changes in both occurred during the update interval. Therefore we can only confirm the definite price and availability to you within 48 hours.
Select number of persons and dates to view price
Over 20 years' experience in the European rental industry.
We provide Money-back guarantee for our clients. See our Terms and Conditions.
Secure transactions over a 256 bit encrypted connection, security certificate verified by GlobalSign.
To protect people and the environment we plant 1 tree per person for each overnight stay.