"Domaine Les Forges" is located in the attractive tourist area of Poitou-Charentes, just above the Dordogne. The region is bounded on the west by the Atlantic Ocean. The capital is Poitiers. This area fits the ideal of France: very sunny, pleasant temperatures, picturesque villages, terraces, relaxed atmosphere and of course, an excellent regional cuisine. It is still undiscovered by mass tourism and it therefore provides an excellent impression of authenticity.
Holiday park "Domaine Les Forges" has extensive facilities for young and old.
- The holiday resort is car free, so children can play safely and freely.
- They can play in the playground or on the football field.
- Every Saturday (during the summer season) free golf lessons are offered for children at 14:00.
The opportunities for leisure activities are almost unlimited:
- There is a Jeu de Boules alley and a table tennis.
- The extensive and fully fenced heated outdoor pool (15m x 5m) is centrally located in the park, and is open from May 1st to September 30th. There is a separate toddler pool. In the high season there is an international animation team, which provides a professional and varied program for children. Beside the pool there are spacious terraces with sun loungers and parasols.
- Golf enthusiasts will find just 2.5 km away, one of the most beautiful golf courses in France (27 holes), located on 100 hectares of woodland and pastures. The courses are open to both beginners and experienced golfers. In the clubhouse there is a professional and modern golf shop with a wide variety of golf equipment and accessories, and an internationally oriented restaurant.
- Right outside the resort, there are many other possibilities for sports such as hiking, biking, horseback riding and fishing. The wooded area is particularly suitable for that. The reception staff can inform you about the extensive possibilities.
Good food and drink is inseparable connected with a vacation in France.
- During high season the pool bar is open for a drink, snack, small snacks and ice cream.
- In mid and high season, fresh bread is brought to the park every morning by the local baker.
- For a good lunch or dinner a charming restaurant with terrace is just 2 km away. They offer a varied menu with both local and international cuisine.
- On the golf course there is an excellent restaurant with a varied lunch and dinner menu.
- In the typical French villages in the area you can enjoy the local culinary possibilities or a drink or ice cream in the sun on a terrace at one of the many restaurants or brasseries.
- For your daily shopping you don't have to drive far. In Vasles (within 5 minutes) there is a small supermarket. Within 10 minutes’ drive you'll find excellent supermarkets in the surrounding villages, you can buy fresh rolls at a bakery, and barbecue meat at a butcher.
- The reception staff can inform you about the addresses! At the park reception it is also possible to order daily fresh bread and croissants to start your day from your porch with a good French breakfast.
This spacious, detached villa with 80 m2 living space is suitable for four adults and two children up to 2 years. It is truly a luxury and high-quality villa, and moreover, the whole accommodation is ground level and threshold-free, so the house can be regarded as wheelchair friendly.
The spacious living room has a dining area for four people and a flat screen TV with international channels. Furthermore there are a stereo and a DVD player available. The fireplace adds to the atmosphere.
The luxurious kitchen is equipped with a dishwasher, (combi) microwave, fridge-freezer and coffee machine. In addition, there is a washing machine.
There are two bedrooms each with two comfortable single box spring beds and ample storage options. The price includes bed linen and the beds are already made on arrival! You have two toilets and even two luxurious bathrooms, one with a shower and one with a bath.
Large patio doors give access to a spacious, furnished veranda with a parasol, and a spacious private garden (up to 800 m2), with a barbecue and lots of privacy. There is outdoor lighting.
From 2018 you can use the Wi-Fi internet free of charge.
From the park or in the immediate area begin various cycling and walking routes, and for horse lovers there is plenty of challenge in the wooded area nearby. Less than 10 minutes from the park there are stables with a wide choice of ponies and horses to pull in the great outdoors. Anglers find several rivers, streams and lakes. The reception staff will assist you in planning your outings!
Nearby you can find plenty of entertainment. In the cozy and historic cities of Poitier, Chauvigny, Pathenay or Melle you can go shopping, visit cathedrals or just sit on a terrace enjoying some food and drink.
For a day trip to a theme or amusement park there is plenty to choose from:
- The famous "Futuroscope" full of exciting entertainment around the themes of image and sound.
- The historic "Puy du Fou", named best park in the world, with its magnificent knight shows.
- The adventure reptile park "Planete des Crocodiles" is highly recommended, so don't miss it.
- Fine indoor playgrounds are the "Luka Land" in Niort and Poitiers.
If you love nature, then it is sheep and recreation park "Vasles" near the Domaine Les Forges you have to go to. in Vallée des Singes is the largest natural area for chimpanzees and gorillas in France. For a day at the coast La Rochelle and Île de Ré are fine destinations.
Lovers of wine and brandy can contact one of the many wine tastings. A trip to the Cognac region, with the town of Cognac as the center, is certainly worthwhile. The great cognac houses along the banks of the river Charente in Cognac, and the old streets show the rich history of the city, like the surrounding Romanesque villages, vineyards and the slow flowing Charente.
Next to the resort is the 27-hole golf course for both beginners and experienced golfers. Also in the vicinity (30 min) there are beautiful golf courses.
There are plenty of swimming opportunities in the area:
- The Lac Moncontour is 1 hour away, and is good for the whole family. Clean beaches and opportunities for swimming, canoeing, mini golf, a game of football or beach volleyball. There is also a water slide and bouncing castle. Open from May to September, against entrance.
- The reservoir Lac du Cébron is 45 minutes’ drive away. Here you can enjoy surfing, sailing, and boat hire, paddle boating, canoeing, swimming or fishing.
- Only 30 minutes away is the Plan d'Eau Verruyes. Water fun for young and old, such as swimming, rowing and canoeing. You can also play tennis, hiking and fishing.
- In some lakes, part of the lake is closed for nature. For bird lovers an absolute must for bird watching there. At the recreation lakes there are several nice places for a snack or drink.
- Shops:5 km
- Golf:2 km
- Bike rental:On the spot
- Horseback riding:10 km
- Tennis court:2 km
- Bar:2 km
- Theme park:25 km
- Playground:On the spot
- Restaurant:2 km
- Supermarket:10 km
- Bakery:5 km
- City:10 km
- Distance from Utrecht:850 km
- International airport:35 km
- Public Transport:5 km
- Distance to the capital:400 km
The following facilities are available for use upon booking this house:
There may be only a limited number of houses with the stated adjustments, please contact Bungalow.Net for the availability.
- Internet Connection: Wireless Lan
- Parking: Yes
- Fireplace: Yes
- Bath linen: Possible rental
- Bed linen: available
- Kitchen linen: Possible rental
- Maximum number of pets: 1
- Heating: Electric Heating
- Holiday park: Yes
- Refrigerator: Yes
- Washing machine: Yes
- Freezer: Yes
- Dishwasher: Yes
- Television: Yes
- Stove: Electric
- Electric kettle: Yes
- Coffee maker: Yes
- Furnace size: 4-burner
- Oven: Microwave oven
- Garden: Yes
- Barbecue: Yes
- Terrace: Yes
- Garden furniture: Yes
- Swimming pool: Yes
- Sunbeds: Yes
- Bathtub: Yes
- No thresholds: Yes
Conditions of the landlord:
- Please note that the accommodation is suitable for up to 4 adults + 2 babies up to 2 years.
- The reception at the park is open daily.
- It is possible to arrive and leave every day of the week, with a minimum stay of 3 nights (except in July and August there is a minimum stay from Saturday to Saturday).
- The staff is at your disposal for questions and comments and they will provide you with all possible information.
- You can contact the reception for purchasing a green fee for the golf course.
- The park reception accepts the following credit cards: Maestro, Eurocard / MasterCard and VISA.
- At the reception you can also buy daily fresh bread and croissants during the season.
- Around the reception building, you can make use of free Wi-Fi.
- The holiday resort is car-free. However, you can reach the accommodation by car to take the luggage in or out.
- Maximum 1 pet per accommodation is welcome, subject to availability.
- Reservation is required at the reception for participation in the free golf lessons for children on Saturday afternoon between 14 and 15 hours.
The mandatory additional costs are:
Bed linen € 9.00 / p.p.
Final cleaning 4 pers. villa € 95.00 / per booking
Park costs: Oct - April according to consumption: electricity € 0.25/kwh, water € 5/m3
May - Sept: € 2.95 p.p.p.d
Reservation costs € 19.50 / per booking
Deposit € 300.00
Against an additional fee you can order the following children’s items when booking: cot, playpen, high chair, changing table or paddling pool. It is ready for you upon arrival.
Select number of persons and dates to view price
Over 20 years' experience in the European rental industry.
We provide Money-back guarantee for our clients. See our Terms and Conditions.
Secure transactions over a 256 bit encrypted connection, security certificate verified by GlobalSign.